Irrigation Efficiency Rewards Program
Do you have worn sprinkler parts? Looking to reduce your electricity bill by using power more efficiently? Idaho Power offers incentives to repair used or to install new equipment. It’s easy.
Simply purchase the replacement parts and submit an application (including invoices) within one year of the purchase date.
We also pay incentives for new efficient systems or energy efficiency upgrades to existing systems.
Upgrades include reducing operating pressures, installing VFDs, using high-efficiency pumps/motors to reduce horsepower or energy use. Contact your Ag Rep or visit us online at www.idahopower.com/irrigation.
Service Connections- New and Upgrades to Existing Service
To begin a new service request, visit us online at www.idahopower.com/servicerequest or contact our Customer Interaction Center at 208-388-2323 or 1-800-488-6151. After your request is received the following activities occur:
1. You will be contacted from a service specialist to let you know your order is in the queue.
2. Within one to seven business days of your request, an Idaho Power Distribution Designer will call you to schedule a meeting to assess the requirements of your request.
3. The designer prepares the plans and an estimated cost quote that includes engineering fees.
4. You are asked to sign the Consent to Engineer Form.
a. This authorizes Idaho Power to provide a firm cost estimate and to collect engineering fees from you. Idaho Power will not proceed with the design and cost quote until you sign the Consent to Engineer Form.
5. You will receive notification of documents for signature and payment required in Idaho Power’s online Customer Portal or from the Designer.
a. The work will be scheduled after Idaho Power receives payment for the estimated cost quote for engineering and construction.
b. The estimate is valid for 60 days.
6. You will receive notification of the construction timeline.
7. The Designer informs the customer about required permits to connect from the state or other municipality.
Generally, a service request for construction of new or updated service requires 14 weeks for completion. Easements and rights of way may require additional time (sometimes months). Prompt response to requests from the Distribution Designer by the customer keeps the timelines as short as possible.